The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC) was founded in 1981 to advocate for universal, affordable, high quality, not-for-profit child care in Ontario.
We rely on membership income to support out work advocating for more affordable child care and funding to support quality - including high wages for hard working, professional early childhood educators.
Most of our funding comes from child care centres and from passionate individual who believe every child should have access to high quality child care.
Join us and support our work - your membership makes a difference!
For more information on the OCBCC, keep reading!
Our work includes.
• Advocating for universal, affordable, high-quality child care through our website, quarterly advocacy update and the news media. Public speaking at events and conferences and community colleges.
• Active information on what’s new on our website, on Facebook and on Twitter.
• Working with our member groups and the early learning and child care sector to educate decision makers about the importance of early learning and child care.
• Working with parents to ensure a strong voice for universal, affordable, high-quality childcare.
• Monitoring provincial, national and local changes affecting early learning and child care
• Publish the Guide to Child Care in Ontario, Best Practices for Ontario’s Early Learning Program and the Child Care Management Guide among other resources and publications.
• Participating in an array of advisory committees, task forces, community planning bodies and child care development associations.
489 College Street, Suite 206, Toronto, ON M6G 1A5
Phone: 416-538-0628 fax: 416-538-6737, toll-free 1-800-594-7514
Follow us on Twitter @ChildCareON
Looking for child care news? Go to www.childcareontario.org