On May 22, 2013 Ontario Minister of Education Liz Sandals to speaks about child care in Ontario and into the future.
She speaks about having more spaces for 3 year olds in the Child Care Programs and the ministry will work with the centres to bring in more programs due to increase in space. The Minister also mentions that we need to modernize the whole child care systems by having home child care operators to become license to enhance more supervision and quality of care.
The Agenda: To watch the full video on impacts of full-day kindergarten on child care programs.
With Full Day Kindergarten (FDK) 4 and 5 year olds are pulled out from child care centres creating challenge for the child care centres.
Watch the following panelists speak about Child Care in a Full-Day Kindergarten system.
- Andrea Calver - Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care
- Zeenat Janmohamed - Atkinson Centre
- Wendy Marshall - Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario
- Mary Lou Mackie - Waterloo Region District School Board
- Jennifer Holmes Weier- YMCA Ontario