Child care is back in the news with two competition visions: give parents a monthly cheque of $100 to help cover monthly child care bills that can top $1,000 or build a real national $15-a-day child care program.
So for those of you who need a good, hard dollars and cents explanation about why a real child care program is worthwhile, here are seven perfectly sensible reasons why the investment is good for the economy.
1. Child care pays for itself
2. Child care creates jobs
3. Lack of child care increases costs for businesses, lowers productivity
4. Child care makes living more affordable for parents
5. Child care leads to better outcomes for children
6. Child care encourages greater participation of women in the workforce
7. Child care can help close the gender gap
Click here to read the full article.