Our current child care system in Ontario leaves too many families without child care; and several countries have proven that universal child care is possible. In order to be successful we have 3 Big Ideas for creating a universal child care system that works for all.
1. Make child care affordable by providing public funding the way it is for libraries and recreational programs. Set low fees or no fees so that all families can access child care.
2. Create a provincial wage scale that respects the skills and education of qualified educators. Qualified educators will ensure that our children are getting the highest quality care.
3. Make sure that child care expansion is in public and not for profit programs that offer high quality, trustworthy and stable child care. Every dollar of public funds must directly support our children.
Please get involved in our Universal Child Care IS Possible campaign! We need a government that will make universal, affordable, high-quality, accessible child care a reality for the families in Ontario. Ontario is ready for it. In fact, Ontario can't work without it.
Please check out our video -
Check out our toolkit items below and use whichever ones you need. You will find-
- our press release, fact sheet as well as key messages and Q & A to use when speaking with candidates, friends or family about child care,
- our 3 Big Ideas, 3 Bonnes Idees to transform child care poster that you can post at your workplace or school,
- our voters information sheet that can guide you in the upcoming provincial election,
- our Friday call-out for child care about calling or emailing your local candidates to inquire about their child care platform,
- our 'Where the Parties Stand on Child Care'
- our Mothers Day e-card and,
- a window sign to place in a window to let others know that child care is a priority.
We can all be part of the transformation of the child care system if we use our voices and take action now. Please help us make affordable, high-quality care a reality for families and decent work with professional pay a reality for Early Childhood Educators and child care workers. Most importantly this election season is to be an informed voter.
To add a frame to your profile picture on Facebook-
1. Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
2. Select a frame from the menu or search for the frame you want to use - Universal Child Care IS Possible/ECE Power
3. Click use as profile picture to save
Here are some great hashtags - #universalchildcareISpossible; #votechildcare; #ChildCareNow; #ECEPower; #ONPoli; #decentwork