Only 20% of children have access to licensed child care in Ontario. Consequently, families are forced to enroll their children in unlicensed and unregulated alternatives. The following articles outline incidents and news regarding this child care system.
Please click the following links for selected media stories, updated August 19
- The Hamilton Spectator, July 27, 2013: The Struggle for Decent Daycare
- The Hamilton Spectator, July 27, 2013: The Spectator’s View: Steps toward solving the daycare dilemma
- July 4, 2013: 2 year old toddler drowns in bathtub under the care of babysitter
- CBC’s Marketplace, February 22, 2013: Who's Watching the Kids?
- Ottawa Citizen, October 31, 2007: Children were kept in playpen in furnace room, father says
- City News,May 1, 2007: Negligence Charges Officially Laid Against Local Daycare Operator
- National Post (No Date): Home daycare owner charged