The Ford government has not promised any new funding to Ontario’s early learning and child care sector since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Their failure to act is pushing child care into a funding crisis that will destabilize the entire sector. With only 3 days’ notice to re-open, child care centres are being forced to lottery off child care spaces, lay off staff, or close permanently.
Parents are worried about a shortage of child care spaces as several programs are on the verge of financial devastation. We don’t have to accept Ford’s disastrous re-opening plan: Now is the time to speak out about the dire crisis facing child care.Read more
June 15, 2020Read more
June 11, 2020Read more
May 27, 2020Read more
The Globe and Mail
September 24, 2019Read more
August 30, 2019Read more
July 18, 2019Read more
- Full report in PDF in English / en français
- Executive summary in PDF in English / en français
- Press release: "Ontario must get child care right from reopening to recovery"
- Watch a webinar with the report's authors
- One-click: Send a message to our federal and provincial leaders.
- Share this one-page action plan with your MP and MPP.
- Campaign Toolkit in PDF