Hello Premier Ford,
My name is [insert name], I live in [insert town/neighborhood/riding name].
As a [parent, RECE, child care worker, child care ally] I am disappointed in your inaction to address the serious concerns brought to your attention by child care workers and families.
Faced with new challenges including lack of access to PRC testing, limited N-95 masks and HEPA filters; new isolation requirements; and a significant, rising staffing shortage, workers and families are
To keep children and families safe, I demand that the Ontario government:
- Reinstate PCR testing and reporting in child care;
- Increase financial support to child care;
- Provide adequate and ongoing supply of PPE;
- Legislate 10 permanent paid sick days;
- Sign the $10 a day child care agreement.
Safe, affordable, and accessible child care is vital to our province’s well-being. We urgently need your support to avert a staffing crisis and future outbreaks in child care centres.