“Child Care Matters to us all! Help us build awareness in your region.”
How much time will I have to invest? What can I do to help?
- Here is a range of involvement as a new Regional Ambassador:
- Send us weekly or monthly emails about some concerns, successes or questions from the Child Care Community in your area.
- Attend events and regional conferences with the OCBCC at your availability
- Connect with parents, early childhood professionals, workers and supporters in your community!
- Monitor and contribute to local social media groups for your community.
- Create your own events or projects with the support of the OCBCC.
- Learn to write and present deputations to your city council or other elected representatives with the support of the OCBCC.
- Explore the world of advocacy and create a deeper connection to your profession and community.
What will I be doing as a Regional Ambassador?
- Connect with the child care and early year’s community in your region. With face to face conversations, social media groups, or local newspapers and let the OCBCC know important information through email or phone!
- Attend OCBCC events.
- Gain valuable knowledge about your child care community.
- Gain skills and build leadership experience.
- Connect with other provincial ambassadors and advocates.
- Receive a letter and certificate of participation and dedication.
- Provide representation for your community.
- Explore different perspectives and organizations in the early years’ community.
- Build your portfolio and professional development.
“As a regional ambassador I feel like a leader in my community and feel proud of the voice I have”
- Mississauga Regional Ambassador