York Region News
As the investigation into the death of a toddler in an unlicensed home child care continues, details are emerging regarding the health and safety violations in the home. The cause of death of the toddler is unknown.
Paramedics reportedly discovered 27 children when they arrived in the home, although the Ministry of Education warned the operator to reduce the number of children to five.
The York Regional Public Health discovered health violations around the kitchen and home. The list included:
• food premises maintained in manner permitting a health hazard;
• food premises maintained in manner permitted adverse conditions affecting food;
• operator failed to provide a designated hand wash basin;
• operator failed to have adequate means to clean and sanitize multi-service utensils;
• operator failed to have proper sanitizer available for food contact surfaces;
• operator failed to provide food from an approved (inspected) source and;
• operator failed to implement infection prevention and control practices.
To read the full article, click here.