The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC) was founded in 1981 to advocate for universal, affordable, high quality, not-for-profit child care in Ontario.
We rely on donations and membership income to support our work advocating for more affordable child care and funding to support quality - including decent wages for early childhood educators and child care staff.
Most of our funding comes from the memberships of child care centres, trade unions, and from passionate individuals who believe every child should have access to high quality child care.
Our work includes:
- Advocating for universal, affordable, high-quality child care through our website, quarterly advocacy update and the news media, public speaking at events, conferences and community colleges.
- Informing the public about current events in early learning and care on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Working with our member groups and the early learning and child care sector to educate decision makers about the importance of early learning and child care.
- Working with parents to ensure a strong voice for universal, affordable, high-quality childcare.
- Monitoring national, provincial, and local changes affecting early learning and child care.
- Publishing the Guide to Early Learning and Child Care in Ontario and other publications.
- Participating in an array of advisory committees, task forces, community planning bodies and child care development associations.
Join us and support our work - your membership makes a difference!
489 College Street, Suite 206, Toronto, ON M6G 1A5
Phone: 416-538-0628 fax: 416-538-6737, toll-free 1-800-594-7514
Follow us on Twitter @ChildCareON and like on facebook.com/OCBCC/
Looking for child care news? Go to www.childcareontario.org