Ontario backs down from proposed daycare changes, CBC, April 13 2016
Ontario’s Ministry of Education has posted new proposed regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act. This posting proposes a host of major changes to licensed child care and regulated home child care.
So what can we do?
Unlike legislation that is subject to readings, committees and votes in the legislature, regulatory proposals can be made by the government in power following a 45 day comment period. Comments are due April 1st, 2016. The feedback that the government hears is extremely important - even a short email can make a big difference. It’s time to raise our voices for quality care!
- To provide feedback to the government, email: [email protected]
Use our Letter Template to email or mail the government your feedback today!
- Contact your MPP to let them know that you are concerned about the proposals. Find your local MPP's contact information here.
- The OCBCC is putting together a detailed submission to the government. We want to hear from you! Share your feedback with us to have your perspective included. Email: [email protected]
- We hosted a public town hall meeting to discuss the regulations on March 8th at 6:30pm at Ryerson University, Room POD 250. Flyer in PDF.
- Print and share this petition to stop the age range, ratio and group size changes. This is a paper petition to the legislature, so it requires real physical names, addresses (including postal codes) and signatures. Print and share at your centres. Completed petitions can be sent to the address on the bottom of the petition sheet.
- Tweet using the child care #ChildCareCantWait to tell the provincial government to invest in child care now.