Toronto, October 24, 2006
Showing appreciation for child care, staff, parents, children and advocates will gather in a celebration of the 6th annual Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day on Wednesday, October 25.
- Elizabeth Ablett, Executive Director Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC)
- Sid Ryan, President, CUPE Ontario
- Irene Harris, Secretary-Treasurer, Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL)
- Barbara Burkett, Vice-President, Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO)
- Councillor Janet Davis, Council Lead on Children’s Issues. City of Toronto
WHAT: 6th annual Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day
WHERE: Hester How Child Care Centre, Toronto City Hall
WHEN: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 — 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
This day of recognition and appreciation for the importance of the work of child care workers and early childhood educators was founded six years ago by CUPE Ontario and the Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care (OCBCC), and has been proclaimed by municipalities across the province, including the Toronto City Council.
Sponsors now include the Canadian Union of Public Employees, the United Steelworkers, the Ontario Public Service Employees Union, the Canadian Auto Workers, the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario, the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the National Union of Public and General Employees.